How To Reset HP Envy 5055 Printer For Both Windows And Mac
Resetting the HP Envy 5055 printer is an easy task. The process is carried out if the printer encounters different connection issues. It changes the current settings to originals. During the process of how to reset HP Envy 5055 printer, make sure that the printer does not enter the Sleep mode, and the system is in the Active state. Learn how to reset the printer by using the steps given below.
HP Envy 5055 Factory Reset
- A process of how to reset HP Envy 5055 printer is changing the current settings to defaults. During the reset process, the settings that may change are network settings and preferences.
- Go to the operational panel of the printer and check if you are in the Home screen.
- Touch Setup located on the main screen.
- Find the Tools option and tap it. Tap Restore Factory Defaults.
- Read through the instructions displayed on the screen to restore them.
- If you wish to restore to the original network settings, tap Wireless on the Home screen of the printer.
- Tap Settings under the menu and Restore Network Settings.
- Read the instructions mentioned on the screen.
- Try to print a Network test page and check if the network settings are reconfigured.
- Once the process of how to reset HP Envy 5055 printer is complete, the previous settings are removed. The settings can be IP settings and Link speed. Now the IP address is set to the Automatic mode.
Detailed Solution To Reset HP Envy 5055 Printer
Soft Reset For Windows
- Check if the HP Envy 5055 printer is in the active state.
- You can find the power cable and USB cable on the rear end of the printer.
- Disconnect the cables for a while. Do not perform any operation on the device.
- After some time, reconnect the cable to the printer’s rear.
- Power on the printer and then try to print.
- Use the Restore Setup mode for printers that have a touchscreen control panel.
- After restoring, you cannot find the old settings of the printer.
- You need to change all the settings again.
Reset The Printing System For Mac
- If the printer does not connect to a network, resetting the printer helps you sort out the issue.
- Before resetting the printer, the system removes all the devices in the Printers and scanners queue. It can be mobile and printers.
- Choose the Apple menu on the top left corner of the window. Move to the System Preferences option and click on it.
- Based on the OS version, the options and menus may vary. Click Print and Fax, Printers and Scanners, or Print and Scan.
- Right-click on the blank space under the Printers list. Select the Reset Printing System option. Choose the Reset option to delete all the print jobs and devices in the queue.
- During the process of how to reset HP Envy 5055 printer, the system instructs you to type the administrator’s name and password. After the process completes, add the printer name to the queue.