How To Setup Wireless Printer HP Officejet 3830
HP Officejet 3830 is a wireless printer that can be connected to a network without cables. There are various methods to connect the Officejet 3830 printer to a network. They are Wireless Setup Wizard, Wi-Fi Protected Setup, and Wi-Fi Direct. The first two methods require a router for the connection process while the other does not require one. Learn how to setup wireless printer HP Officejet 3830 on a network with the help of the steps mentioned below.
- The first step for the connection is to power up your printer and system.
- Your router should support 802.11b/g/n network and the bandwidth should be 2.4 GHz.
- A network name and password is required to connect the printer to a network.
- The credentials mentioned above are case sensitive.
- Connect both the printer and system to the same network.
- The system prompts you to detach the USB cable from the printer while connecting it to a wireless network.
- If you are connecting a new printer to your Windows system, access the HP Printer Software.
- Click the Utilities tab located on the top menu. Select Printer Setup and Software.
- Choose the Connect a New Printer option from the list and click on it.
- Read the instructions mentioned on the screen to complete the process.
- Now, move to the display panel of the printer and locate the Wireless button on it.
- Tap Wireless -> Settings -> Wireless Setup Wizard.
- Go through the instructions mentioned on the screen to complete the setup.
How To Perform Wireless Printing On HP Officejet 3830 Printer
If you wish to print from the printer wirelessly, use the Wi-Fi Direct option. The HP Officejet 3830 printer supports this feature. Learn the Wi-Fi Direct connection process and how to setup wireless printer HP Officejet 3830 with the help of the steps mentioned below.
- If you wish to print from your personal computer, check if the HP Printer software is installed.
- If it is not installed, connect the printer to Wi-Fi Direct and then install the software.
- Choose the connection type as Wireless.
- If you wish to use a mobile, try to install a compatible app.
- Check if the Wi-Fi Direct feature is turned on.
- You can connect more than four computers to the same network.
- Use this method even if the printer is connected to the system via a USB cable or a network via the Wireless connection.
- During the connection process, is not possible to connect your computer, mobile device, or printer to the Internet.
- To turn on Wi-Fi Direct, go to the operation panel of the printer.
- Tap Settings -> Wi-Fi Direct to turn it on.
- Print an information page to find the Wi-Fi Direct name and password.
Simple Steps Instruction To Setup Wireless Connection On HP Officejet Printer
Wi-Fi Protected Setup is a method to connect the printer over a network. There are two methods- pushbutton and PIN. The push button is one of the easiest ways to connect the printer. Learn how to setup wireless printer HP Officejet 3830 and wireless connection by using the steps mentioned below.
- Power on your printer, system, and router.
- Check if the printer and router are compatible with the WPS Pushbutton mode.
- Long-press the Wi-Fi button for three seconds until the wireless light blinks.
- Make sure that the router supports the WPS button.
- Use the WPA or WPA2 security for a network connection.
- Certain routers may not connect via WPS method if the password is not used.
- Find the WPS button on the router and press on it for at least 2 minutes.
- After a while, the printer establishes a network connection.
- If the printer supports WPS PIN, the PIN is visible on the printer’s control panel for 60 seconds.
- Note it down and type it in its tab displayed on the printer.
- Wait for a few minutes so that the Officejet 3830 printer establishes the network connection.
How To Perform Wireless Scanning Function On HP Officejet 3830 Printer
Scanning your documents from the HP Officejet 3830 printer to the iPhone or Android device via the HP Smart app is a very easy task.
- Download the HP Smart app from Google Play Store or App Store.
- Install it on your Android or iPhone and then press the + sign on the app to include the printer name.
- Mount document or photo on the scanner glass with the printed side facing downwards.
- If the printer has an Automatic Document Feeder tray, insert multiple pages into it to scan at a time.
- Access the HP Smart App on your device.
- You can add multiple printers to the HP Smart app if required.
- Find the printer name in the list of available devices and click on it.
- Tap the Scan option and then a pop-up screen displays for allowing the app to access photos, media, and files on the device. Click the Allow Always option.
- Touch Scanner to configure the scan source.
- Set the basic scan settings at the app.
- Preview the image, do the necessary changes if required, and then touch Scan.
Get live technical solution from leading tech experts regarding how to setup wireless printer HP Officejet 3830 by contact with them using our contact us page.