HP Envy 5055 Scan To Email, Computer, Scan Multiple Pages & How To Scan
To scan from HP Envy 5055 printer to email, you need a local email client software installed on your computer. Some common local email client software includes Microsoft Outlook, Live Mail, and Mozilla Thunderbird. Anyone of these must be linked with your web-based email accounts like Gmail, Yahoo Mail, or Hotmail to perform the Scan operation easily. You can scan any files such as documents, photos, and other paper types. After completing the Scan operation, you can transfer the scanned data to your computer or email recipient. You can also perform the HP Envy 5055 scan to email operation from the printer’s control panel to your computer, Android, or iPhone.
How To Scan From HP Envy 5055 To An Email
- Install a local email client software and link it to your web-based email account. Set up your computer.
- Switch on the printer and make sure that the input tray contains enough paper.
- Open the document to be scanned on your computer.
- Tap the Scan menu option from your printer’s control panel.
- Select the computer name from the list displayed and then choose the Email or PDF option.
- Open Devices & Printers on your computer and search for your HP printer, if your printer does not contain the Scan to the Email menu option.
- Select the printer and wait for the HP Printer Assistant window to open.
- Click the Scan option in the HP Printer Assistant dialog box.
- Select Scan a Document or Photo from the list of options.
- Choose the Document to Email or HP Envy 5055 scan to email as JPEG option and click Scan.
- Click the Send button to confirm the action.
- Wait for the scan process to complete. Once the scan operation is completed, a new email message will be opened of your scanned file.
How To Scan HP Envy 5055
- Download & install HP Scan software on your computer.
- Sign to manufacturer’s site or click the link given below to download the HP Scan software.
- Type your printer model number and click the Search button.
- Choose your operating system & the version type that supports your system, and then click the Download button.
- Go with the setup instructions displayed on the screen to install the software on your computer.
- Power on your printer and raise the scanner lid.
- On the scanner glass, place the document.
- Close the scanner lid.
- Select your computer and the Scan type option from your printer’s control panel.
- Wait for the printer to complete the Scan operation.
- Return to the computer and click the file named Scan.
- View the scanned file for the successful HP Envy 5055 scan to email the document.
HP Envy 5055 Scan Resolution Default
- Open HP Scan application on your computer.
- Select Scan a Document or Photo from the HP Printer Assistant window.
- Choose a scan shortcut and change any scan job settings.
- Click the Restore Defaults option in the HP Scan window. It will set the printer scan settings to default.
- Change the Scan resolution as per your need from the drop-down menu, and click the Scan button for HP Envy 5055 scan to email and set default scan option.
HP Envy 5055 Scan Multiple Pages
- Make sure that you have PDF document-related shortcuts installed on your computer.
- Install the printer driver on your computer.
- Click the HP Envy 5055 series icon saved on your computer.
- Wait until the HP Printer Assistant opens on your system.
- Open the document folder to be scanned and click the Scan option in the menu bar.
- From the list of scan options, choose Scan a Document or Photo.
- Select the Save as PDF option or Document to File shortcut in the HP Scan window.
- Click the Save button if you choose the ADF option to scan multiple pages.
- Load the next page on the glass if you scan from the scanner glass.
- Click the Plus (+) button available in the HP Scan preview window. When you click the Plus button in the HP Scan preview window, the next page to be scanned is added to the list.
- Repeat the above steps to scan all the pages.
- Click the Scan button and select the PDF option to save the file.
- Select the PDF option in the Save as type menu.
- Enter the file name & choose the folder you want to save the scanned file.
- Click Save.
HP Envy 5055 Scan To The Computer
- Switch on your printer and computer.
- Make sure to set up the printer and the computer, before you perform the HP Envy 5055 scan to email and scan to computer operation.
- nstall the HP Scan software from the manufacturer’s Driver installation page or click the link given below.
- Log into the manufacturer’s site, type your printer’s model number, and click the Search button.
- Change your operating system and the version type from the drop-down menu.
- Make sure to click the Change button once you choose the operating system and the version type from the drop-down menu.
- Go with setup instructions displayed on the screen to install the HP Scan software on your computer.
- Search for your printer on the system.
- Click the Scan button and then Scan a Document or Photo in the HP Printer Assistant window.
- Change the scan job settings and then click Scan.
Installed New HP Envy 5055 But Scan Feature Not Functioning
- Reset the printer, and then try to perform the Scan operation.
- Run the Print & Scan Doctor application on your computer (Windows) system.
- Make a test copy after running the Print & Scan Doctor application.
- Check the Scanner bar functionality.
- Remove any original documents placed on the glass and lift the scanner lid.
- Contact printer manufacturer to service the printer if there is an issue with the scanner mechanism.
- Try to uninstall & reinstall the printer software, to resolve this issue.
- Place the printer close to the computer system and use a short USB cable to connect both the devices.
- Restore printer factory default settings form the printer’s control panel helps the HP Envy 5055 scan to email, computer, scan multiple pages and more.