HP Envy 5055 Troubleshooting Solution To Fix Printer Problems Easily
The HP Envy 5055 printer encounters issues at some point in time. Due to these errors, you might not be able to perform various functions with the printer. To resolve these issues, you can make use of the HP Envy 5055 troubleshooting guidelines on this website.
Get Simple Solution To Fix HP Envy 5055 Error State
- There are various solutions for this problem. Try them out to rectify the error state issue that has occurred on your printer.
- Initially, check if any software or hardware changes that you have made recently is the cause of this issue.
- If so, then change it back to rectify the error.
- If you have a Windows computer, then download the HP Print and Scan Doctor on your computer and run it to check if there is any connectivity issue.
- Resolve the issue by performing the instructions on the screen.
- The next step of the HP Envy 5055 troubleshooting procedure is to check if the computer and printer are connected properly.
- Disconnect them from each other and establish a connection again to overcome the issue.
- Check if the input tray is loaded with enough papers to complete the job assigned to it.
- Verify the ink levels of the cartridges. If they are low or empty, then the printer might display the Error State message.
- Examine if there are any paper jams. Remove the papers that are stuck in the printer to clear this error.
- If the above-given solutions fail to resolve the error, then perform a power reset to get rid of this issue.
Instruction To Resolve HP Envy 5055 Won’t Print in Color
- Do the solutions listed below to resolve the Won’t print in color issue.
- The initial solution is to uninstall the printer driver and re-install it.
- Check if you are using genuine HP ink cartridges. Usage of the duplicate cartridge will lead to a printer malfunction.
- You can also make use of the high yield ink cartridges to get more output.
- The printout should be checked for ink smears .
- Load the input tray with plain papers after extending it.
- Swipe towards the left on the control panel’s screen and press the Setup icon.
- Select the Tools option and swipe the display upwards. Tap the Clean Page Smears option.
- The printer takes in a paper from the input tray and prints a blank page.
- Now, take a test print to verify whether there are any ink smears.
- Verify if you are using papers of the appropriate size to print. Using papers that are too large or too small can be the cause of this issue.
- Check the ink levels of the cartridges installed. If they are low on ink or empty, then replace them with genuine HP cartridges.
- Service your printer if the above-stated ideas do not work.
How To Find And Fix HP Envy 5055 Cartridge Problem
- The below-specified solutions will help you solve the cartridge problems that have occurred.
- Check if the cartridges installed on your printer are compatible or not. If you use incompatible cartridges, then this error can occur.
- Also, verify whether they are genuine HP cartridges. If not, then replace them.
- The next HP Envy 5055 troubleshooting method is to remove the cartridges from its slot, inspect it and reinstall it.
- To do so, turn on the HP printer and lift the scanner lid to open it.
- The cartridge access door has to be opened and you have to wait until the carriage is idle.
- Remove the cartridge from its slot carefully. Unpack the new cartridge and remove the orange tape from it.
- Hold the ink cartridge by its sides and insert it in a slightly upward angle and push the cartridge into the slot slowly.
- Next, close the ink cartridge access door and the scanner lid of the HP printer.
- The next solution is to clean the electrical contacts on the cartridges and inside the HP printer.
- Turn on the HP printer by using the Power button and open the scanner lid.
- Pull the cartridge access door and wait until the carriage becomes idle.
- You need to remove the power cord from the printer’s rear. Disconnect the USB cable a well.
- Remove the cartridge from the slot. Dip a cotton swab or a lint-free cloth in distilled water and use it to clean the contacts. Let it dry for 10 minutes.
- Re-install the cartridges and take a test print.
List Of HP Envy 5055 Error Code To Handle
- This code appears if the input tray is out of paper to print. Load the tray with enough papers to resume the print job.
- Code 13 indicates that the paper jam error has occurred with your printer. Check the printer thoroughly and remove any papers that are stuck.
- The above mentioned code denotes that the HP printer is not able to recognize the cartridges installed. Remove and insert it again to resolve the error.
- The HP printer and computer is having communication problems. Re-establish the connection to rectify this issue.
- If you assign multiple print jobs to the printer at a time, then this error can happen.
- This error occurs if there are any firmware issues. Update the firmware and restart the printer to get rid of this problem.
- The above errors can also be solved by using the general HP Envy 5055 troubleshooting solutions given below.
- Associate the printer directly to the wall power supply. Do not make use of a surge protector to connect to the power outlet.
- Reset your HP printer. Turn on the printer and wait patiently until it is idle.
- Disconnect it from the power supply and plug it back after a minute. This can solve the issues that occur with the HP printer.
Simple Steps To Fix The HP Envy 5055 Printer Offline
- If your HP printer is offline, then carry out the following solutions.
- Make use of the HP Print and Scan Doctor to check if there is any connectivity issue.
- Run HPPSdr.exe and tap the Start option once the app opens.
- Read and follow the prompts displayed on the screen to rectify the error.
- Set your HP printer as the default printer. To do so, search for Devices in Windows and click the Printers & Scanners option.
- Tap the printer name and select the Manage option. In the next window, choose the Set as Default option.
- The succeeding solution is to check the printer port and the Windows services status.
- Open the Control Panel and then choose the View Devices and Printers option.
- Next, you have to right click on your printer and choose Printer Properties, and then select the Ports tab.
- Check if your HP printer uses a WSD port. Scroll the screen downwards and select the Function Discovery Provider Host and Function Discovery Resource Publication option. Verify the Status and the Start Type columns.
- If the Status of both the services is Manual, then right click on the name and choose Properties. The Startup Type has to be set to Automatic.
- Click the Start option under the Service Status and then tap OK.
- Navigate to the Devices and Printers window and press the F5 key on your keyboard.
- If the printer is still offline, print a Network Configuration report by navigating to the Settings or Wireless menu from the printer’s control panel.
Solution To Fix HP Envy 5055 Not Connecting To Wifi
- The prime HP Envy 5055 troubleshooting solution to this problem is to restart the computer, printer, and the router.
- If it doesn’t help, then print a Wireless Network Test report from the control panel of the printer.
- Verify if there are any messages available at the top of the page and follow them to rectify this issue.
- Also, examine whether the network name in the report and your current network name matches. If not, connect the HP printer to the relevant network.
- Check if your router is turned on and connected to the printer. If not, disconnect the printer from the network and connect it again.
- The succeeding solution is to check if the security software available on your system was updated recently. This can also cause the problem.
- Else, any newly installed software or update can also be the cause of this error. Try restoring your system to avoid this issue.
- Examine if you have changed your Wi-Fi password recently. If you have changed the password, then you need to reconnect your printer with the Wi-Fi.
Why Does The Problem Of HP Envy 5055 Paper Jam Is Occurring
- Paper jams are a very common issue, and they can occur in many parts of the printer.
- You need to search all the areas to find where the paper jam has occurred.
- The initial place to look for any jam is the paper tray area. Tap the Ok button to clear the jam error. If not, open the input tray and extend it.
- Make use of a flashlight to check if there are any paper jams or if an object is stuck there. If so, then remove it carefully and close the input tray.
- The printer has to be turned to its side to access the base of the printer. Extend the input tray.
- Check for any pieces of paper due to which the paper jam has occurred.
- Discard any papers that you find there. Close the input tray of the HP printer.
- Open the cartridge access and clear any jams there. Check the carriage to verify whether it is moving freely.
- Use the Clean Page Smears option present under the Tools menu that is available in the Setup menu. For more information related to HP Envy 5055 troubleshooting, contact our tech experts now.