HP Envy 5055 Wireless Setup With Easy Instructions
The HP Envy 5055 printer can be configured over a wireless network through different methods. The only criteria you need to ensure is connecting the printer to the wireless network to which your computer, mobile, or iPad is already connected. You have a standard HP Envy 5055 wireless setup procedure to connect the printer to your computer’s network provided there must be a wireless icon or button to configure. You can also connect using the WPS Push button method on your network router. If your printer manufacturer provides the facility of connecting to the wireless network automatically, then the Auto wireless connects method should help. If you want to connect to the wireless network from your mobile device to the printer, then the HP Smart app lets you configure your printer over the network quickly. In case you do not have a router, you can connect to your printer from the device using the Wi-Fi Direct option, provided both the devices support the feature. This page takes you through the configuration steps to connect your printer wirelessly.
How To Convert HP Envy 5055 USB To Wireless
- To convert the HP Envy 5055 printer from USB to Wireless that is connected to a Windows 10 computer, you can use HP Printer Setup & Software Utility or HP Smart app.
- The printer and the computer need to be connected using a USB cable while you change the network.
- During the conversion process, when prompted to remove the USB cable, remove it from the computer and the printer.
- From Windows Search, look for HP and from the list of results that appear, click HP Envy 5055 to access HP Printer Assistant.
- In the top menu bar, click Utilities or Tools -> Printer Setup & Software or Device Setup & Software.
- Finally, click on Convert a USB connected printer to Wireless to initiate the utility.
- Let us see how to deal with it on a Mac computer. Open your Mac Finder and click Go in the top menu bar.
- Now, click Applications, then the HP folder, and then open HP Utility by double-clicking on it.
- Click Wireless Setup under the All Settings tab to launch the Utility. Now the wireless network is set.
How To Connect HP Envy 5055 To Wifi
- To connect the HP Envy 5055 printer to Wi-Fi, first, check whether your printer has a control panel display and Wireless Settings menu.
- If you have protected the wireless network of your computer using a password, keep the network name and password ready.
- Place the router, printer, and the computer near to each other to avoid weak signals.
- During the HP Envy 5055 wireless setup procedure, ensure that you connect the HP Envy 5055 printer to your computer’s network.
- Tap the Wireless icon, go to the Wireless Settings option from the menu and tap Wireless Setup Wizard.
- Wait until the wireless light (blue in color) stops blinking that states that your printer is ready to be connected to the computer’s Wi-Fi.
- Make sure that your computer is turned on as you will be installing the printer driver now.
- Extract the driver that you have downloaded from us or the manufacturer’s website and during the time of installation when it prompts you to choose the connection type, select Wireless.
- In case you are prompted to provide the password, enter the network password in the respective field to secure your printer.
- Follow the set of instructions prompted on the computer screen and complete the wireless setup process.
HP Envy 5055 Searching For Wireless Routers
- For any reason, if you have changed the settings of your wireless router, then you may find the message that the HP Envy 5055 printer is searching for wireless routers.
- Follow these steps to change the wireless settings that match with your printer requirements.
- If your HP Envy 5055 wireless setup wizard feature on its menu, then press the Wireless icon on the printer and access the Wireless Settings menu.
- Choose Wireless Setup Wizard and you will be prompted with a set of instructions to configure the wireless settings of your printer.
- Choose your Network name from the list of networks that appear on the printer’s screen.
- If the right settings are set, then you can confirm the same by printing a network test page.
- If your printer does not have the Wireless Setup Wizard option, then check whether the HP printer driver is installed on your computer previously.
- This procedure requires the computer to be connected to a network and till you connect your printer to the wireless network, you require a USB cable to connect both the devices temporarily.
- For Windows XP, Vista, or operating system, click Star ->Programs -> HP -> Your Printer model -> Printer Setup & Software.
- If it is Windows 8 or 8.1 version, open the Printer Software from the Start screen of your printer name.
- Tap Utilities on the top of the Printer Software screen. Choose Printer Setup & Software.
Setup HP Envy 5055 Wireless Printer On Mac
- Ensure that your Mac device is turned on and connected to a wireless network before you intend to set up the Wireless network on your HP Envy 5055 printer.
- Turn on your printer and press the Wireless symbol. The blue light on the wireless icon starts blinking.
- On the printer’s control panel, you can see a message that prompts you to set up the device with the App.
- Choose the Do Not Check option when you see the Printer Update Options screen on display.
- Continue with the instructions on the screen and after a very few seconds, the printer starts searching for the available wireless network.
- Confirm your Username and Password and tap OK. Now, the Connection is Successful screen is shown on the printer’s panel.
- Now the next step is to download and install the respective Mac printer driver.
- Download the driver either from our driver downloads page or the manufacturer’s website.
- You can also establish the HP Envy 5055 wireless setup using the HP Smart App for Desktop.