HP Officejet 4650 Troubleshooting Guide To Fix Problems Easily
HP Officejet 4650 troubleshooting is a process of analyzing and solving mechanical or electronic problems on your HP Officejet 4650 printer. Troubleshooting will trace the exact issue that has occurred and provides a troubleshooting procedure for your HP Officejet 4650 printer. The common troubleshooting Wireless issues are Printing Problem, Not Printing, Offline, Ink cartridge problem, Printer in error state, and not connecting to wireless.
8 Steps To Resolve HP Officejet 4650 Not Printing
- Turn off the HP Officejet 4650 printer by pressing the Power button. Check whether the printer adapter is connected to the electrical socket.
- Verify whether the USB cable is connected to the device.
- Turn on the printer. Now the LED light will indicate that the printer is in a ready state. Wait until the printer sets in place.
- Wait for a few minutes before you try to reconnect the USB cable to the printer. Check if the cable port is inserted correctly and securely.
- Check the ink levels of your cartridge. If the ink level is low, then install a new cartridge.
- The paper should be placed in the input tray.
- Try to print a page again to check if it prints.
- If the problem is not fixed by HP Officejet 4650 troubleshooting, then you can reset the printer and try again.
6 Short Steps To Fix HP Officejet 4650 Offline Error
- If your printer is offline, then try to restart your printer.
- If the printer doesn’t get online after restarting the device, then Go to Start and click Devices and Printers.
- Select your Officejet 4650 printer from the list of devices. Now right click on the icon and a window will prompt ‘See what’s printing.’
- Click the Printer option.
- Now the pending documents will display in the print queue and will start printing.
- If the issue is still not solved, uninstall the printers drivers and re-install the HP Officejet 4650 driver.
Steps To Resolve The Problem Of HP Officejet 4650 Printing Blank Pages
- Check the ink level of your cartridge.
- Load paper in the input paper tray.
- Go to the Setup icon on the control panel. Touch the Tools and then select Ok.
- Select the Estimated Ink Levels and click Ok.
- If the ink cartridge is low, you need to replace it with a new one. Open the cartridge access door.
- Replace the empty cartridges with the Fine cartridge. Remove the orange tape from the cartridge.
- Ensure that you hold the cartridge by its sides with the nozzle facing the printer. Insert the cartridge into its appropriate slots.
- The tri-color ink cartridge should be inserted into the left and the black cartridge into the right slot.
- Insert the cartridge correctly until it snaps into place.
- Close the cartridge door.
- Test print a page to check if the printer is printing.
- If the problem is not solved by HP Officejet 4650 troubleshooting, you can reset the printer and try again. It is the most common process.
Fixed: HP Officejet 4650 Printer Ink Cartridge Problem
- If your ink cartridge is not inserted correctly, it will display an error message.
- Turn on the HP Officejet 4650 printer by using the Power button. Open the access door. Now the carriage will move to its access area.
- Make sure the Color icon on your ink cartridge that matches the carriage slot.
- Push the cartridge into the carriage until it sets properly.
- If the cartridge doesn’t snap then remove the cartridge and re-install it.
- Close the cartridge access door.
- Print a test print to check if the printer prints properly.
How To Troubleshoot HP Officejet 4650 Error Printing
- Make sure that the adapter is connected to the electrical socket.
- Turn on your printer. Now the LED light on the power button will turn on.
- On the printer’s control panel, touch the Wireless icon. A window will prompt the Wireless setting.
- Touch the Settings icon. Tap the Wireless Setup Wizard and follow all the on-screen instructions.
- Connect your printer to the wireless network.
- If the printer doesn’t print, then re-run the printer driver. Try to reset the printer and test print a page to check if it is printing.
- If this method does not solve the issue, service your printer.
HP Officejet 4650 Not Connecting To A Computer
- Check whether the power cable is connected correctly to the electrical socket.
- Turn on your HP Officejet 4650 printer and wait until the LED light on the panel is lit.
- Ensure that the USB cable is connected correctly.
- Connect your printer to the network by using the IP address.
- You can print a Network Configuration page from the printer.
- Now the window prompt with Network Configuration Page.
- Ensure that the report displays the status as Connected.
- Open the web browser and type the URL address in the browser’s address bar.
- Click the Enter button.
- In the Wireless section, select the Wireless option.
- Search for your Printer on your device. Then select Printer Properties in the list.
- Click the name of your printer and select Printer Properties.
- Now the Properties window will open. Click the Ports tab and then click New port.
- Follow the on-screen instructions.
- Click Ok.
- Check if the problem is fixed by HP Officejet 4650 troubleshooting; if not, go to the Settings menu and reset your printer to factory defaults.
Instruction To Fix HP Officejet 4650 Error State
- Connect your Printer to the electrical socket and turn it on.
- Ensure that your printer is in the ready state. The Power button on the control panel will turn on.
- To fix the error printing issue, follow the on-screen instructions.
- Download the HP Print and Scan doctor.
- You should obtain the IP address of the printer.
- To know the IP address, touch the Wireless icon on the printer’s control panel.
- Type the IP address on your web browser to get the printer’s EWS page on your computer.
- Go to the Network tab, select Network protocols and Enable IPv4 only, and then apply the settings.
- Click the Radio button on the Manual IP and then click Suggest a manual IP address.
- To enter the manual IP address, select the Manual DNS Server.
- Now restart the printer and the router.
- The LED lights on the printer and router will turn on automatically; this indicates that the router and printer are in the ready state.
HP Officejet 4650 Not Connecting to Wifi
- The HP Officejet 4650 printer and the computer should be connected to the same network.
- A window will prompt you to enter the password to the Network Security Key.
- Your router should be closer to the printer, so there is no connectivity issue.
- Setup your printer by using the IP address. If the printer is not connected to a network, you can manually assign your printer, and this will solve the issue.
- On your Mac, if there is any connectivity issue, fix it with these instructions given below.
- Check if the printer and computer are connected to the same network.
- Type the correct password when a window prompts you to enter the Network Security Key.
- The router and printer should be in a close location, so there is no trouble in the wireless connection.
- If a WLAN support error displays on your device, check if there is any print job pending in the print queue during this initial wireless setup.
- Wait until the configuration gets updated after turning on the printer.
- If the process is successful, then the wireless signal on the router will turn on. The yellow LED light will blink on the router’s panel.
- Now the Wireless connection issue is solved by HP Officejet 4650 troubleshooting.